Thursday 20 November 2014

Last Day of the Exhibition

Yesterday was the last day of the exhibition. It was very quiet due to the lack of promotion and as a group we are at complete fault with this side of the project. Other students visited our site and the feedback was positive.

In the morning I went to show my support to my fellow students who were dotted around Swansea city centre. I visited The Scene, The High Street Arcade, Three Crosses, Peppermint, The Oxfam Bookshop and No Sign Bar.

I fell in love with The Abyss in the vault situated below the No Sign Bar. So cleverly done with the waiting room created by Georgina, the performance piece by Jordon and the lustful sin by Sophie and Charlotte. The sound installation by Ole was phenomenal and the installation was atmospheric and brilliantly delivered. I am very proud of Ole (one of my pals and housemate). Ole is extremely talented and I hope the tutors acknowledge his incredible talent.

I also admired and respected all the groups who have shown their commitment to the project and whom gave me inspiration.

I didn't take any photos, as I wanted to experience the site specific installations with my eye and not behind a lens.

Every year the University introduces the second year students to a site specific project for exhibition and I wish everyone for next year the very best of luck.










No comments:

Post a Comment