Tuesday 11 November 2014

Mock Up Feedback

Yesterday three of our tutors visited the Old Telephone Exchange to inspect our installations. On arriving at 9:30am to brush away a 100 years of dust from the stone features I wondered how on earth did I get here! I selected black wool to represent telephone cables to make the connection between the stone sculptures. It took an hour or so to get the right length of the wool and to carefully stick the ends into the mouth of the stone faces. I cleared the area of leaflets and set a loop for the sound installation of an old telephone ringing.



The tutors gave feedback and requested the telephone ringing to be louder. This may not be possible as the offices are in hearing distance of the ringing and it may drive them crazy. I will be turning it on when people visit so not to disturb the working environment of the building. Apart from the telephone sound they were pleased with the installation and called it 'simply beautiful' and 'fabulous'. I am delighted. I pulled back on all my ideas of a projection and a film clip to keep it as simple as possible as discussed previously with Holly. I may include an 1950s phone I ordered from eBay to arrive this week as a feature at the back of the room. This may help to draw the audience into the space.

Three of us gave ourselves plenty of time to install our ideas and some arrived late and some not at all.








No comments:

Post a Comment