Thursday 30 October 2014

Another woolly attempt

On Monday I bought some wool to resemble telephone cable however it didn't work as the wool was not right the shape. Today I bought some traditional black wool. After my last lecture ,I took a walk to the Old Telephone Exchange. I enjoy the walk along Wind Street over the boulevard and passed The Morgan Hotel. The Environment Centre is snuggly located along Pier Street in-between The Morgan Hotel and the Evening Post. Pier Street is an intriging street and you feel drawn to investigate with ith the past and future architecture fused together.

The cafe is always warm and welcoming. I ordered a cup of tea and explored the foyer once again. I wanted to find out if the wool would work as telephone cable. I think it will do nicely. I need to measure the wool for the right length and attach it to the sculptures. I also need to measure the shelves to get white sheets to cover them.  I will do a mockup next week with the sound installation. The vintage telephone will be arriving the middle of next week.














No comments:

Post a Comment